Saturday, May 24, 2008

Poems.

So I've always had this philosophy, that before one enters a relationship, they must have their life pretty much figured out.  At least spiritually. 
I have got to have every thing down.  Be perfectly on track with God.

Although this has truth, I've slowly begun to realize...
As long as we're alive, there's always something we don't have under control!

Maybe it's even as serious as an addiction.  But even if it's not, there's always going to be SOMETHING you don't have down pat, and if you think you have it all figured out, keep searching, because there's always room to learn.  

So I've given up this philosophy because I met this guy that I didn't want to keep waiting any longer while I figured something else out. 
He's helped me actually stay on track with God. 
Sometimes I worry that he might become more important than he should to me, but whatever is improving my relationship with Christ, is dang good enough for me to keep around.

This first poem was written after we were together, and I still had these thoughts of doubt and being unsure about all God wants for my life...

I Know


I can feel you listening to me.

I know you're there.


I can hear you in the silence.

I know you speak without words.


I can see you moving


everywhere but here.



I know you're alive.

I've felt you,

touched you,

seen you,

heard you,

loved you,

wanted you,

had you,

craved you,

believed you,

been loved by you.



And still.


I feel

like I don't know

You


and all you have for me.



Set me free

from my unbelief,

please.


And these poems express my gratitude and my heart because we are together, all written on the same day...


It's What Love Is


It's not just that I'm completely comfortable with you

It's not just that I know you'll always be there for me

It's not just that you're my best friend.


It's not just the way you make my heart smile

Or make me feel like I'm the only woman in the world.


It's not just that I want to be with you forever

Or that you're the only one I can see myself with for that long.


And it's not just that we've learned patience and how to love

But that I can see how much more we can grow.


It's that God did this.

It's that we both want to make Him proud.


When we are weak, He'll be strong in the other.

Trust, Commitment, Love

Will not be broken.


It's not just that I love you.

It's that because of God,

we know what Love is.


And poem numero dos...

How I Know


I want to feel everything that you feel.

I want to share your joy

your pain,

your sorrow and grief.


Your laughter, your love, your hopes and your dreams.


I want all of it.

The good

The bad

And the ugly.


I want to know all you are

And I want to love you with everything

Just like Christ has loved me.


So let us fall in love together.

You, Me,

and the Three.


Okay, so they're a bit sappy.  And some may even say a little too soon. 


But I say different.  This kid's been my best friend for the past two years, and I just can't see my life without him. I feel like this is it. 


And hey, there's the off-chance that it won't work out.  That I'll lose my best friend, (yet again) and that my heart will be crushed.  But even if that happens, my God is more than able to restore my heart. I know this because He has done it time and time again.


I guess what I should say to everyone, is not that you have everything down in your relationship with Christ, because there's way too much to work on there, but to make sure you've fallen in love with Him first.  


Your heart can't break beyond fixing if it belongs to the All-Powerful.  


And as for my last blog, yeah, I'm getting better.  If you deal with the same issues I do, just go to God.  I know, it can be the hardest and most difficult thing to do sometimes, especially if you're lazy or even actually like the feeling of being down in the dumps sometimes.  It's twisted, but it's true.  Pray for an event to bring you closer to God if you physically try everything and can't do it yourself.  


Of all people, I'm the one who hates generic Christian bumper sticker answers the most, but the phrase "Let go and let God" has been the most real in my life. 


I wish I had more advice to give, I wish I had everything down, but I just don't.


Like it is for everyone who is still alive, being a Christian is a battle. Don't take it personally, Satan wants to take down God's kingdom.  If you feel horrible or less than worthy, it's because he knows you can do something for God's kingdom, and he'll do anything to stop that. 


Don't let him.


I encourage you to keep your hopes up, and think positively as I try my hardest to do the same.




3 comments:

Luis said...

bro...that was pretty deep. Its true though...cuz I kinda have been struggling with the same thing. Now I know that you don't have to be "perfect" in order to find something like that. =)

Luis said...

why you gotta be dissin my name like that for? lol

Sarah said...

this is beautiful ms. leah