Thursday, July 31, 2008

"I wish I could throw off the thoughts which poison my happiness. And yet I take a kind of pleasure in indulging them." -Chopin

Listening to his classic, Fantasy Impromptu, I feel as though I know what Chopin meant when he wrote this song. 
It's fast, then slow, then crazy, then calm. 
Yep, like life. It's "like a box of chocolates."

But I think he was dealing with more than circumstance.
Rather, I'd like to think he struggled with emotion. 

Sometimes, life's crazy twists and turns aren't what get me. 
It's the normal. 
I might even crave for a twist, maybe even a jolt of pain to justify the way I'm feeling.

But I am left with no reason.
I have no explanation of why my emotions betray me. 
Things just are they way they are.

No words can express all that one deals with emotionally, spiritually, relationally.
None whatsoever.  
To accomplish that, one would need a mix of keys beautifully pressed in sequence to make the most sense on paper than words ever could.

1 comment:

Jennifer Williams said...

You are so wise... Feelings can be quite overwhelming at times but the good news is they aren't the facts we go by. We are Christ driven and that is the best fact ever. Miss and love you !!