Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Reality

What is reality?
Dictionaries define it- the state or quality of being real, resemblance to what is real, a real thing or fact.

Philosophy describes it as something that exists independently of ideas concerning it, something that constitutes a real or actual thing, as distinguished from something that is merely apparent.

For one person, reality can be poverty, another, wealth.
So one could say, there is no reality that all persons share, but it is simply perception of the life we've been handed.
For some, there is a fine line between reality and negativity because of this.

I believe in God's reality, where nothing is impossible. Because in my reality, a healthy relationship centered around Christ is impossible. Changing my attitude and discipline habits is impossible. And forget about changing the world.

Oh, but in God's reality, all these things and more are just waiting for me.
All I've got to do is wake up everyday and choose to believe God's reality instead of my own.
Trust God's leadership instead of my own, and I must say, the most difficult, to let go of what God does not want me to control.

3 comments:

Evan said...

Preach it girl!!!!
Reality is only what the physical body allows us to see. there's so much out there that we just cant perceive.

LiZ the MiZ said...

Yessum!!! You post awesome. By the way I love your website address!

Luis said...

Very true...very philisophical too...lol