Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Just to touch the fringe of His garment.

I said to myself just now, 
"How I wish Jesus were here in the flesh. I could just touch Him, and be healed."

This was His reply:
"My darling Leah, my beautiful daughter, I am here.  Your body is a temple, a holy vessel, and you hold me deep within it." 

Sometimes I just don't give the Holy Spirit His overwhelmingly due credit. 

How amazing would it have been back in the day, if the hemorrhaging woman could have just prayed her condition away?
Jesus did not say that it was her touching his cloak that healed her, but it was her faith.  

My Jesus, My Savior, My First Love and Best Friend, died so that that exact thing could happen.  What healing power it is to truly cry to our Lord! 
He hears us in times of trouble, and it doesn't stop there, He saves us.

I don't know what made me forget the Holy Spirit just now, maybe my need for some kind of physical contact or emotional exaggeration, but none the less, I did for a second. 

However, there are plenty of times that we all forget Him. 
 
Every time we look at another person in judgement, or kindly talk behind their back. 
Every time we get full of pride and stop "needing" the Jesus-fill for the day. 
Every time we forget who we are, and who others are in Christ. 

Pride and insecurity go hand in hand. And this is a sure sign that you and I have forgotten Who made us.  Who so beautifully crafted us together, and gave us our gifts so that we could please Him.  Loftiness is forbidden in the Kingdom of Heaven, and so is hatred of self.

We are all equals, we are all loved, no matter who bothers us to no end!
And no matter how much we want to beat ourselves down for screwing up AGAIN. 

Beth Moore so gracefully put it this way: 
"Nothing like Priding yourself in Hating yourself."

And Jesus put it this way:
"Get the plank out of your own eye... It is not the healthy who need a Doctor, but the sick."

For those willing to let go of pride in hating others or yourself, or any kind of pain you may carry with you at any time in your life, David wrote this and many other Psalms that have so dearly touched my heart: 

"The Lord is near to all who call on Him, 
to all who call on Him in truth.
He will fill the desires of those who fear Him. 
He will hear their cry and will save them."

I encourage you right now, and myself to stop trying to swim to shore alone, but to climb into the lifeboat that is Christ Jesus. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just reread this after almost a year and it truly stirred me again. You are a gifted writer and whether it is writing or not, God has a special plan for your life. Keep searching for it while living to please your Savior. Love you, Mom